Topic: Target Market
Geography and Destination Selection Based on Target Market
Target Market: According to Armstrong and Kotler (2011), a target market is â€œa set of buyers sharing common needs or characteristics that the company decides to serveâ€ (p. 625).
Armstrong, G., & Kotler, P. (2011). Marketing: An introduction (10th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson.
What kind of population diversity exists within the target market for the event? If you have an international group of attendees the choice of destination may be predicated on myriad factors.
For this Discussion please follow these instructions and then respond to the Checklist below.
There are six continents in the world. For purposes of this Discussion only four of them will be referenced here.
Based on the first initial of your last name see your assigned continent and choose a country from that continent for your response.
——————————-THE FIRST INITIAL OF MY LAST NAME IS C———————
North America: Hâ€“L
South America: Mâ€“R
Europe (European Union): Sâ€“Z
Do some research and select country destinations from your assigned continent to address the needs of 2 of the following international groups. Your selections must be different from your classmates.
- Bird watchers from Europe
- Architects from New York USA
- Snowboarders from Sydney Australia
- Hikers from Mexico City
- Gardeners from Switzerland
- Para-sailors from Hawaii
- A couple (honeymooners) from Bonn, Germany
- Families with babies from Canterbury, England
- Photographers from Madrid, Spain
- Beachgoers from Montreal, Canada
Now based on your Reading in this unit address these items:
- Select two countries from your assigned continent.
- Choose two international groups of travelers.
- Explain why you chose the countries that you did.
- Discuss the cultural differences in each country you select.
- Decide which town, city, or region you would have the target market groups visit and discuss why you chose it.
- Explain what time of year you would have them visit this city or region. What other factors should you consider in a location selection in general? What other factors did you consider for your selections here and why?