In this assignment, you will be asked to provide a 1-2 page summary of an idea or ideas you have for a final research project. This can be rather informal, but should include:
- Specific research questions or ideas
- Possible challenges you anticipate in being able to answer your research questions
For more details related to this assignment, please review the guidelines provided in Assignment: Final Reflection/Research Report.
No interviews. Based off of observations only and Q&As with teachers,
If you are having difficulty coming up with a research topic or question, below are some questions which might help you to focus on an area to observe or discuss.
- What motivates students? Are there particular activities/lesson formats that appear to engage more students? What lessons or activities seem to be the least engaging for students?
- Are there particular aspects of teaching that you are concerned about? Classroom management? Assessment? Differentiating?
- Are you interested in learning about best practices for including all students ranging from your students with challenges to your students who are working above grade level (and all those in between)?
This is to be based off of High School English Classes. Grades 9-12!
If you need to know any of my details from observations, please message me and I will gladly give you any information needed.