For this Project Assignment, think about common trends in public health leadership, or critical areas of need for leadership in the field.
- Prepare a literature review of scholarly articles related to your topic in public health leadership. This review should contain a minimum of 10 peer-reviewed or scholarly resources.
- Based on what you find in the current public health leadership literature, Create a problem statement, (Learn how to write a good one) It must addresses:
- Identified gaps while incorporating implications for positive social change.
- Located within the Learning Resources for the week, you may find the information from Waldenâ€™s Online Writing Center helpful for your completion of the assignment.
Organize the project in the following manner. Each section should be represented for a comprehensive overview.
Literature Review and Problem Statement (5â€“7 pages):
The Literature Review section should be written in the narrative form integrating concepts from the articles you find. The section should include:
- A synthesis of a minimum of 10 peer-reviewed, scholarly resources that give the reader a good overview of the issue. The section should show the reader common trends in public health leadership, or critical areas of need for leadership in the field
- A description of theoretical gaps in the research area â€“ Based on the research you just did in leadership, what seems to be missing (Theoretical gaps)?
- Problem Statement should include:
- An explanation of the specific problem that addresses identified gaps within the literature â€“ If you are not sure of what a problem statement should include look it up. Iâ€™ll be looking for good comprehensive statements
- An explanation of how your problem statement incorporates implications for positive social change â€“ As students at Walden, â€œWeâ€ are preparing to become agents of social change, based on your leadership topic, the research you just did and the gaps you found how would you be a social agent for change?