Course covers theory, development and impacts of national and international policy on information technology (IT). Explores how frequent shifts in public policy require IT businesses to adjust rapidly to adhere to regulations. Requires development of sophisticated strategies including new technologies, global transfer and analysis to be able to adapt to the changing environment.
- Understand the relationships of Information Technology and Public Policy.
- Understand the functions of management as they relate businesses and regulations.
- Understand preliminary aspects of technologies, transfers and development.
- Understand the use of these concepts by applying them to case situations and current or future analysis.
Report should include the following (suggested though not required length):
1) Title & Statement of the Problem/Opportunity (1 paragraph)
2) Background (1/2 page)
3) Situation (1-2 page)
4) Analysis/Comparisons (2-3 pages)
5) Recommendations (1-2 page)
6) Summary & Conclusions (1-2 page)
7) References (3 or more)
Report is due 17 April.