https://brainy.expertwritershub.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Expert-2logo-300x49.png 0 0 admin https://brainy.expertwritershub.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Expert-2logo-300x49.png admin2020-12-02 16:23:522020-11-25 02:08:18exercise 6
This exercise relates to Chapter 9.
For this exercise, you need to consider the following five scenarios:
- A local chapter of the American Lung Association wants to test the effectiveness of a brochure entitled “12 Reasons for Not Smoking” in the city of St. Paul, Minnesota.
- A large wholesaler dealing in household appliances in the city of New York wants to evaluate dealer reaction to a new discount policy.
- A local department store wants to assess the satisfaction with a new credit policy offered to charge account customers.
- A manufacturer of cake mixes selling primarily in the Midwest wants to test-market a new brand of cake mix.
- The TAMUCC College of Business wants to understand the amount and range of starting salary offers received by graduating seniors in each major.
To receive credit for this exercise, create a new journal entry and answer the following questions:
- Identify the target population for each scenario. Justify your choice and provide an adequate population definition for each scenario.
- For each scenario, identify the sampling frame you could use to draw a probability sample from the target population. Explain and justify your choices.
- For which of the five scenarios would a non-probability sampling method be least problematic? Explain/justify your choice and briefly discuss the non-probability sampling method you would use.