Signature Assignment Title: Becoming a Reader
Signature Assignment Description/Directions:
Remember to submit your work following the file naming convention FirstInitial.LastName_M01.docx. For example, J.Smith_M01.docx. Remember that it is not necessary to manually type in the file extension; it will automatically append.
Start by reading and following these instructions:
- Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
- Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
- Consider the discussion and the any insights you gained from it.
- Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
- When you submit your assignment it goes through Turnitin, plagiarism software, to be sure that your work is less than 20% duplicated from other sources unless otherwise noted. Take time to correct it so the report verifying your work shows a similarity rate that is less than 20% or as required by your professor. You may edit your paper and resubmit it up to three times or per your professor’s directions.
Write a 2000-2250 word summary paper addressing each of the following points/questions. Be sure to completely answer all questions in each bullet point. Make sure to reference three (3) citations using the APA writing style for each article. Include a cover page and a reference page, which do not count towards the minimal word amount.
- Review Table 10.4 on the Types of Reading Instruction. Discuss how four types of reading instruction can be adapted for a diverse group of multicultural learners. Include dual language learners and other learners who need extra literacy support.
- Refer again to Table 10.4 on the Types of Reading Instruction and discuss how children’s inappropriate behaviors such as hyperactivity, talking, interrupting, bothering others, not paying attention and basically not listening may affect how the teacher presents the reading instruction. Discuss what adaptations the teacher may have to make with the instruction to address these inappropriate issues.
- Choose one children’s book suitable for kindergartners and list the various ways the book can be used to encourage and develop the CSS Foundational Reading Skills listed near the beginning of Chapter 10.
- Explain the rationale for using RTI in a kindergarten class. What should the teacher know about RTI so that its implementation is successful?
Total Point Value of Assignment: [300 pts.]