EVIDENCE BASED PRACTICE PROJECT (PICOT)–> â€œIn post-operative patients, how does promoting early mobility within 72 hours of admission, compared with prolonged bed rest affect hospital length of stay?”
Write a paper of 500-750 words on your proposed problem description for your evidence-based project in APA format. Address the following:
- Describe the background of the problem. Tell the story of the issue and why it deserves attention. (ie: There is much controversy of promoting early mobilization protocols of hospitalized patients undergoing surgery and hospital length of stay…)
- Identify the stakeholders/change agents. (ie: Who, or what organizations, are concerned, may benefit from, or are affected by this proposal. List the interested parties, patients, students, agencies, Joint Commission, etc.)
- State the purpose and project objectives in specific, realistic, and measurable terms. The objective should address what is to be gained. This is a restatement of the project question, providing focus. (ie: The purpose of this study is to evaluate the association of early ambulation with length of stay, costs, and outcomes in inpatients undergoing surgery… and…) Measurements need to be taken before and after the evidence-based practice is introduced to identify the expected changes.
- Provide supportive rationale that the problem or issue is an important one for nursing to resolve using relevant professional literature sources.
- Develop a reference list to assure that there is adequate literature to support your evidence-based practice project.
- The majority of references should be research articles. However, national sources such as Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS), Department of Health and Human Resources (HHS), or the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) and others may be used when you are gathering statistics to provide the rationale for the problem.