Write a research paper in which you address the compensation and benefits of a selected organization, based on information you have gathered and analyzed about the organization.
Structuring and communicating a total compensation package that meets regulatory requirements and the needs of the workforce requires a delicate balancing act between what is required and what will contribute to an effective relationship between employer, employee, and the community in which the company operates. Communicating benefits programs to employees can be as important as the benefits themselves. Knowing how to leverage all available compensation options is a necessary skill for any HR professional.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Apply human resource strategies to business needs.
- Analyze the costs of employee benefits to a company.
- Explain how benefits are communicated to employees.
- Analyze issues related to compensation and benefits packages organizations face.
- Competency 3: Examine core functions of Human Resource Management.
- Describe types of employee compensation.
- Explain the differences between benefits that are legally mandated and those that are voluntary.
- Competency 4: Appreciate the strategic value of HRM within a competitive global business environment.
- Explain the role of benchmarking activities in developing a competitive compensation structure.
- Describe environmental factors that can influence the compensation and benefits offered by an organization.