Application: Diagnosis of “Mary Jane”
Seneca the Elder wrote early in the Common Era that “Drunkenness is nothing but voluntary madness.” In this Application, you will address a case study, give a diagnosis, and consider intervention and treatment.
- Review this week’s Learning Resources.
- Review the case study of “Mary Jane” from the course media titled “Therapeutic Journeys, Exploring Choice. Series One: Alcohol & Drug Counselling Skills.”
- Briefly summarize the case.
- Construct and explain your diagnosis. Provide specific supporting information from the DSM and include necessary specifiers.
- Describe additional information that might be significant to the assessment, treatment, and welfare of the client.
- Briefly describe the interventions you would recommend and explain why you would make these recommendations.
Support your Application assignment with specific references to all resources used in its preparation. You are asked to provide a reference list only for those resources not included in the Learning Resources for this course.