150-200 words per discussion on seperate documents please
Lesson 4 Discussion Question 1
Step 1: Respond to the following:
Application of Qualitative Interviewing
Using the web, search for a video interview with a cybercriminal (try conducting a search for â€œinterview with cybercriminalâ€ or â€œinterview with hackerâ€). As you watch the interview, keep in mind what you learned in Chapter 8 about semi-structured and structured questioning. In your discussion post, address the following:
- Summarize the interview you watched. Who was the criminal and what was the alleged crime?
- What approach do you believe the interviewer was taking? Did you like the interviewerâ€™s approach to this particular interview situation? Why or why not?
- If you were the interviewer, what questions would you have asked, and why? What approach would you have taken, and why? ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Lesson 4 Discussion Question 2
Instructions: Step 1: Respond to the following: Field Research Example Using the Internet, search for a journal article that illustrates criminal justice field research. (For example, the Journal of Criminal Justice offers abstracts for free online; the National Institute of Justice [NIJ] Journal offers full-text versions of many articles online. For more places to find articles, search online for â€œlist of criminal justice journals.â€) In your discussion post, address the following:
- What role did the researcher assume and why? Do you believe the researcher could have been successful in another role? Why or why not?
- How was the data gathered and organized? Was the data presented in a clear and concise manner? If not, what would you have done to make the findings clearer?
- In your discussion responses, choose two peers who have selected a method of field research that, from their descriptions, sounds similar to the one that you have selected. In your responses, comment on the similarities and differences between your peersâ€™ evaluations and yours, and the advantages/disadvantages of each method described.